For years you’ve heard that it is important to maintain a good oral hygiene routine, but do you know what constitutes a good oral hygiene routine? As a highly trained dentist, Dr. Abbas Ahrabi is dedicated to helping patients achieve optimal oral health through comprehensive, personalized dental care.
At Oakton Dental Center in Oakton, VA, Dr. Ahrabi, and our dental care team can work with you to develop an oral hygiene routine that addresses all your needs. Practicing an excellent oral hygiene routine is an important part of preventive dental care. Preventive dental care allows Dr. Ahrabi to examine the teeth for dysfunction, perform a detailed dental cleaning, and perform any necessary dental treatments. If you have not scheduled a preventive care exam, contact Oakton Dental Center in Oakton, VA.
Oral Hygiene Tips
Maintaining excellent oral hygiene can reduce your chance of developing tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth damage. We have compiled a few tips to help improve your oral hygiene routine.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Floss your teeth. Flossing helps remove plaque from between the teeth. If plaque is left untreated, it can make its way to the gum line and may lead to gingivitis.
- Quit smoking and tobacco use. Smoking can lead to teeth stains, bad breath, and may even increase your risk of developing complex dental problems like oral cancer and gum disease.
- Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash to remove debris and harmful bacteria.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue. Your tongue can harbor bacteria that may affect the freshness of your breath. You can effectively clean with a toothbrush, floss, or a tongue scraper. Find the tool that works best for your needs.
If you have any questions about improving your oral health or oral hygiene routine, please visit Oakton Dental Center. Patients can call (703) 382-6789 to schedule an appointment or schedule an appointment online.