Oakton Dental Center is a modern family dental practice that provides personalized and comprehensive dental care for patients in all stages of oral health development. Our family centered dental practice provides tailored oral health services for a range of dental concerns and the routine maintenance of a healthy smile. Establishing good oral health habits early on can lay the foundation for a lifetime of beautiful, comfortable smiles.
From 1-101, our dental care team can help keep your whole family smiling brightly.
Family dental care focuses on helping families receive high-quality dental care in one convenient location. Our Oakton, VA family dentist office offers pediatric dental services for children as young as age 1. Dr. Ahrabi recommends that patients bring their children into the dentist as soon as their first tooth begins to emerge, or by the age of 1. Early visits to the dentist help your child develop good dental habits and provide the opportunity for us to identify any dental concerns that can affect tooth development. A growing smile plays an important role in your child’s overall health and development, impacting speech and their sense of confidence in their appearance.
Very happy with this dental office. Dr. Ahrabi and staff are great. I have been to many dentists and he is the only one I trust fully. Easy to get appointments. Never had billing issues. A+ all around.
I go to Dr. Ahrabi because he offers a lot of things I don't get at other dentists. Dr. Ahrabi seems to space his appointments a full hour apart, so I get around 45 minutes with him. He uses this…
This dentist is the best dentist my family has ever had. He treats his patients with care and really does care about your health and your teeth for the future and for now. My mom doesn't let any doctor touch…
Oakton Dental Center offers dental services tailored to the different stages of oral development. Children and young adults have both shared and specific oral health concerns as their teeth grow and their facial structure develops. Our pediatric services are rooted in preventive dentistry to provide children with a healthy oral foundation so they may enjoy a lifetime of beautiful smiles.
Pediatric Dental Services
- Dental Exams & Cleaning- Dental health exams and bi-annual dental cleanings are the best way to keep teeth and gums healthy. Visiting the dentist at least twice a year with your child can help build a positive and healthy relationship with the dentist. Our dental care team takes a sensitive and gentle approach to treating children and teens. We understand the dentist can be intimidating, and we do everything we can to make your child feel safe and comfortable.
- Dental Sealants- Dental sealants are a painless dental treatment, completed during a single dental check up. A special sealant gel is painted on the surface of the teeth and in the crevices of the molars. Sealants are designed to help prevent dental decay from developing in hard to brush areas.
- Dental Fillings- Dr. Ahrabi uses cosmetic white fillings for a natural looking treatment of tooth decay. White fillings are made of a highly durable composite material and can be color matched to blend with your child’s smile.
- Sports Mouthguards- Sport related injuries are one of the leading causes of tooth loss in children and teens. If your child participates in sports, consider a custom fit mouthguard. Dr. Ahrabi will create a mouthguard that will fit snugly and comfortably in your child’s mouth and allow them to drink water while wearing the guard. Sports mouthguards protect the investment you make in your child’s health and well being.
- Invisalign® For Teens- Invisalign clear aligners is a discreet way to straighten your teen’s teeth. Teeth are gradually and comfortably shifted into alignment using a custom designed series of clear plastic aligners. Teens choose Invisalign because it is barely visible and will not interfere with their social lives. The aligners are also removable for better oral hygiene.
- Wisdom Tooth Removal- Wisdom tooth removal is a treatment done in the late teens or early 20s. As the wisdom teeth begin to emerge, many young adults will need them removed to prevent overcrowding. Dr. Ahrabi may also recommend wisdom teeth removal if the teeth are impacted to avoid bite complications later on.
Family dental care provides patients with convenience and a peace of mind. Our Oakton, VA family dentist office offers full-service dental care for patients of all ages making us your one stop dentist for your whole family’s oral health needs.
Unlike a pediatric dentist office, our staff is highly trained and experienced treating patients of all ages. That means you and your children can all come to one place for high quality compassionate dental care. Children benefit from building a life long patient-dentist relationship that can help them feel confident and safe when visiting the dentist.
Your children will benefit from having one dentist through out their oral health development. Dr. Ahrabi will have a well-documented record of the progression and growth of their teeth and jaw. Consistent dental care through out a child’s life allows Dr. Ahrabi to spot developing oral health concerns in the earliest stages allowing for more efficient and conservative treatment.
Our family dentist office focuses on patient education to help children and parents learn better oral hygiene techniques together. We also provide patient education on all dental health concerns and procedures so that our patients can make informed decisions regarding their oral well being.
Childhood tooth decay is a growing epidemic in the United States. Children who develop cavities early in life are more likely to experience oral health complications throughout their entire lives. Early development of dental caries causes children to be more susceptible to complex oral health concerns such as tooth loss and periodontal disease.
There are steps parents can take to help prevent childhood cavities. Parents play a significant role in influencing their children’s healthy oral habits from an early age.
- Brush & Floss- An at home oral hygiene routine is the number one preventative against tooth decay. Children should begin brushing their teeth at least twice a day as soon as the first tooth emerges. Our dental hygienist can answer questions regarding proper brushing techniques and products for different age groups.
- Limit Sugar- Diets high in sugar are one of the main factors in rising cavity rates in children. Limit your child’s sugar intake and if consumed, be sure to brush immediately after. Drinking water and avoiding sugary beverages can help limit tooth decay.
- Dental Sealants- Dr. Ahrabi applies dental sealants in our Oakton, VA dentist office. Sealants are painted onto the surface of the teeth and in the top crevices of the crown of the molar and help to protect against enamel erosion.
- Visit Dr. Ahrabi- Visiting the dentist biannually for dental check ups and teeth cleanings prevent decay. Regular dental health exams also allow Dr. Ahrabi to catch any developing oral health concerns early for conservative treatment.